Dell Security Tackles ‘Everywhere’ Secure Access for Mobile Workforce
Dell Security is shipping an update to its SonicWALL Secure Mobile Access (SMA) operating system to provide remote workers using smartphones, tablets or laptop. Notably, the solution works with managed or unmanaged devices.
Dell Security is shipping an update to its SonicWALL Secure Mobile Access (SMA) operating system to provide remote workers using smartphones, tablets or laptop. Notably, the solution works with managed or unmanaged devices, and provides policy-enforceable SSL VPN access to mission-critical applications, data and resources.
With its Dell SonicWALL Secure Mobile Access OS 11.4, Dell Security aims to address the balance between security and productivity for the millions of global information workers who need easy-but-protected access to sensitive enterprise data to do their jobs, according to Patrick Sweeney, vice president of product management and marketing for Dell Security.
In a blog post, Sweeney shed light on the difficulty CISOs face when trying to navigate the balancing act between high security and getting apps out faster and cheaper.
A chief security officer’s (CSO) life is not easy. Typically, requests of them sound like this: “Please deploy more, do it faster, more efficiently, with less money, more securely, and - oh, by the way, be compliant and pass the audit.”
Often, what’s not considered in these requests is the risk a new application, device or cloud-based tool may bring with it. This leads to the CSO and their team being viewed as the Department of No.
A CSO is often forced to push back or shut down requests because they must constantly balance network and data vulnerability against deployment of new apps and new equipment. And with the rise of mobility, remote access and cloud-based resources, they’ve got their hands full securing everything and everyone who’s connected from inside and outside their corporate environment.
Dell SonicWALL SMA OS 11.4 gives organizations the power to easily provision secure mobile access on a global scale, regardless of data type, device used and/or remote worker location, with a new turnkey approach that ensures secure access of multiple concurrent users, Sweeney noted.
For users in highly regulated industries such as government, financial and health care, the SonicWALL SMA portfolio has new capabilities to ensure security compliance with the latest industry and government regulations.
This new SonicWALL SMA 11.4 reinforces the commitment Dell Security has made to helping organizations keep their rapidly growing mobile workforces productive, without skimping on security, Sweeney added. It increases mobile and remote-worker productivity, protects data from threats, and integrates with industry-leading mobile management solutions to provide the most secure end-to-end mobile management and security solution for bring-your-own, choose-your-own and managed devices.
Inside the Latest Dell SonicWALL SMA 11.4 Features
This newest Dell SonicWALL SMA 11.4 ensures secure access across all key operating systems and mobile devices, including Windows, iOS, Mac OSX, Android, Kindle Fire, Linux and Chrome OS. Key functionality updates to this newest version include:
- Global Traffic Optimizer (GTO) – provides a turnkey approach to delivering massive global scalability of concurrent geography-balanced users, while continuing to maintain secure access.
- Regulatory Compliance – ensures security compliance with the most stringent industry and government regulations.
- Management API – provides customers and third parties access to the SonicWALL SMA API to enhance workflow, orchestration and automation.
- Enhanced Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 2.0 support – provides a positive end-user experience by allowing Single Sign-On (SSO).
- Centralized Management System (CMS) - provides overarching SMA management and monitoring.
- HTML5 Clients and Proxies - allow users to run all applications within a single browser window.
- Personal Device Authorization - protects users’ rights for their personal data on their own personal devices when used in corporate networks.
Dell SonicWALL Secure Mobile Access OS 11.4 is available now at no cost to installed base SonicWALL SMA 1000 series customers who have a support contract in place.